Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Speech...

Yeah I did a mother's day speech at church today... it was kinda funny I think... but yeah... ugh... so tired... I can't be bothered writing any more... lol...

For those the people who wants to know what I said... I'll just copy paste it here

When I was very young, like when I was 5 – 6 years old, me and my brother would drive my mum up the tree with some extremely silly things. Like clogging toilets with rolls of toilet paper and throwing things at neighbour’s houses. One time we were playing some game in the backyard, like throwing rocks at the fence or batting rocks with wooden planks at fences, and one of my brother’s rocks, being thrown quite hard, would fly over the fence and go through the neighbour’s window. I remember the neighbour coming to our house at night and raging for like 5-10 minutes talking about how some rock flew through his living room like a bullet. So thanks mum for being so patient with us and our antics.
I was also probably too curious for my own good, and would always have really random accidents like being bashed by the handle on the tennis net because I wondered what would happen if I unlocked the net in like grade 1 or something, so my mum would have to take me to the doctors and get stitches on me head and stuff. And perhaps it was because of all those stupid accidents involving stiches on my head that made me so forgetful, and so my mum would come to school and look all over the school for me to remind me whenever I had competitions in school like those maths and science competitions and whenever I had music lessons. But since I had multiple music lessons a week for percussion and mum wouldn’t have been able to make them all, I’d forget to go 7 times out of 10.
My mum also gave me heaps of opportunities to basically learn everything that I wanted to learn yet still gave me a lot of free choice, and considering how quick children can change their minds, I can imagine it was probably very frustrating for my parents. I wanted to play the piano so my mum would buy a piano and take me to piano lessons every week, then after a few years I’d stop playing and then I’d say I want to enter those lego robotic competitions and my mum would get all the parts and take me to the competitions and stuff. Similarly with sports and co-curricular activities that I used to do and my mum would always get me to them, like getting up at like... 5:30-6ish to try to get me to cross country and athletics training and taking me to swimming squads after school and to badminton and tennis and all the competitions for tennis. I remember that during the tennis tournaments the temperatures would on some days be like 3-5C while we played. And the parents would all just be sitting outside freezing their butts off watching us and cos I was so skinny back then my mum would always prepare all these hot drinks and stuff in advance that we’d have during our breaks. I guess our parents really do a lot of work behind the scenes that we don’t always immediately appreciate so thanks mum for all the time and effort spent for these things.
I guess one more important thing to add before I finish was that mum did all this but at the same time was doing so much other stuff as well like doing additional studies like doing a master’s degree and graduate diploma and helping dad with his books and still had time to join us in whatever we did, like go for like 4-5km runs or something with me and while other mums would just sit and watch us train, my mum would always train with us or practise with us for whatever sport that may be. So I guess that’s why mum would be so fit as well haha. I guess one other thing that I never really worked out is that whatever I seemed to study, my mum always seemed to know more about it than I did, which I never understood how that could possibly work out. Even though my mum hadn’t touched chemistry and physics for like 20+ years of something she’d still be able to find all my mistakes that I’d make. So I guess she’s kind of a supermum to be able to do practically everything. And one time in like grade 4 or something when we were doing times tables, my mum put up these posters in the garage for the times tables and would make me memorise the times tables and recite them to her while she waited and the funny thing was that once I got passed the 6 times tables I would start getting them all wrong and all my answers would instead be prime numbers, which no doubt would send my mum, who used to be a maths teacher, insane. Stuff like 6*7=41 6*8=59 7*7=47 and stuff like that.
I should thank God for having a mum that is so patient and so self-sacrificing to enable us to do so many things and always being 100% behind our dreams and aspirations. Not to mention providing for all of our everyday needs as well. So Thanks God :P

Have a happy mother's day u people.

No comments:

Post a Comment