Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mum's Birthday




Today is my mum's birthday... and so we went to dinner at the sofitel... and as always my brother eats so much that he practically needed to be rolled out the door... and it was a seafood buffet and it was a HUGE seafood buffet... recession actually leaves more goodies to be sold on the local market... normally the best seafood are all exported but whenever there is a recession the locals get the good stuff. Neways my brother at like 12 whole crabs by himself and a whole heap of other junk and I had 1.5 crabs and 3 dozen oysters and some hot food... I wasn't practicularly hungry because I had a big lunch only 4 hours earlier so my appetite wasn't horrific... or else I couldv'e matched my bro probably... neways... I have some photos from my phone... The first photo is of the buffet section that I missed walking through the front counter... lol... and the two others is a display case that should go on failblog.org... because the description just sounds reallly bad... if you can read it, it says "Designed to add energy and excitement to the Vodka drinking experience, the Belvedere Jagger Daggers have been crafted, each boasting 12 carats of inlaid white topaz, 42 pieces of aquamarine and a solid silver hilt............."... lol... a dagger???? adding to the "energy & excitement" of drinking vodka??? either you drink vodka and turn emo or you drink vodka and turn homocidal... lol... such a badly written description...

neways thats my stuff for today...

2 comments:

  1. Haha Sofitel again...nice...man, u guys are tank. And u said u weren't particularly hungry...well, 3 dozen oysters...that beats Hailey (I think she said she ate 30 once). Btw, that dagger doesn't look very practical with that bulky handle...anyways, hope you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Sofitel for my formal party... but it must have been a grand buffet dinner! (sort of makes me want to go..)
    Whoa. You must really like oysters.... And how can anyone eat 12 whole crabs without being driven up the wall over how darn hard it is to poke the flesh out?!!

    ReplyDelete