Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wanted: Miracle -> Result

Well... I haven't been on here in almost 3 weeks... and alot has happened during that time. If you read the previous post, I was quite literally drowning in work from both Architecture and RICE. Luckily for me the Archi final review was formative and I got most of it done, I guess I didn't have enough time to finish my model that I was meant to do for it, but all my drawings were completed which meant that I could still get decent feedback. But this was my own pursuit and for my own earthly future, what really amazed me is that, as you guys know I am part of the RICE design team and I had never used photoshop before (sure I've used fireworks heaps but never for this type of work) and I had no access to any software to create the designs. Even though I had such a short time frame to do the tasks and had to learn how to do everything from scratch, I reckon God did some serious blessing here.

At the start I had no idea what I could possibly do for a theme that was significantly more complex than last year's theme, and I was consistently being bombarded by uni work and was running around in circles in anxiety about what to do and all that. God gave me new insights and new perspective on how to interpret the theme. People began offering software and equipment for me to use, I mean I just randomly got a call to go somewhere to get photoshop elements off a friend. I had no idea how to pull off the concept that was in my head, so I hoped online and i just typed in the style and instantly it came up with tutorials to do all the technical stuff required to get all the effects I needed and gave me links to all the free brushes and tools I needed to do everything. I really hardly moved a finger and everything was provided for me to start working.

In my head, the idea looked fantastic and incredibly cool... But I am in reality a REALY CRAP painter. I cannot paint for the life of me. This design was a digital painting, and a REALLY hard one at that. But things just happened, and it actually looks better in real life now than it did in my head. But while I was making it I was really doubtful about whether it could actually happen, and all the other members of the team were quite doubtful of the idea as well. It could of ended up really good or really bad, and I got quite nervous at one stage when we were showing mocks because I wasn't confident in the idea. But, that didn't really matter because clearly God was confident where I was not. I guess I just really stuck with what God gave me and just did it and it worked out well. So praise God for that haha, cos I don't think I could've done it on my own, especially knowing how great (or lack of great) my art skills are.

But yeah... thats my bit for today...

4 comments:

  1. Upload the design onto your blog, I'm keen to see the result :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not allowed to release the design yet. The official release date is sunday. So I will update after

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey didn't you release it in the above comment, before Sunday..?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well yes... but it seems that i remembered the wrong date haha... it was actually friday... not sunday... so yeah... i released it earlier to match the day... the stuff is on facebook as well... other people were on the design team as well so their stuff is on facebook too...

    ReplyDelete