Monday, January 19, 2009

4hr Cooking spree...

Today was a good old friend's birthday, and I volunteered to help him with food arrangements. Expecting 18-20 guests, we went groceries shopping to buy food. And I'd have to say, as much as we seemed to have bought, ie. $100+, it was just enough... Or more accurately just over enough. With 2.8kg of chicken and 1.5kg of uncooked pasta, +8L of punch that didn't end up being made... I think we covered everything...

First time cooking without the reliance of recipes, and depending only on past experience and memory. And apart from a few kitchen booboos, ie. letting the pasta cook with my back turned and having it spill... twice... thrice... :P I think we did a good job of it. Suprisingly enough, the chicken skewers were completely gone as well as all the veges too. But yeah... haha funny thing was someone asking me for cooking lessons :P Though I don't think I have nearly enough experience to be teaching someone else how to cook lol... but yeah... It was fun though, although as the title might suggest, I was running around the kitchen for 4 hours :P Makes me feel sorry for the professional chefs really... Although it is the first time I've ever served so many people at once, ie. dinner for 18... Maybe next time I decide to jump in the deep end and assist with menu's and food, I'll be much quicker haha...

O, and if your wondering what I cooked, it was satay chicken skewers, triple cheese pasta bake, chicken and mushroom pasta bake, chinese veges, and the others prepared garlic bread and a snack of nachos.

Neways, yeah...

3 comments:

  1. What the heck, you teaching others how to cook?! (cough. :P)
    But pasta is easy to make, you know that right? :P
    But sounds like you had a fun time, cooking for such a large crowd is quite hectic I must admit. Good job. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt say it was hard to make... It just takes time. And besides, you have never seen me cook before...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Vincent! Your food was nice :D

    But maaaan, I didn't know there was gonna be punch! I'm sad now, punch is awesome XD

    ReplyDelete