Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Celebrations

Yup.... today is the 1st of the 1st, 2009... another tally on the wall. Didn't get home till 2:30am lol... And because I was driving, I didn't drink a drop :P not that I would have even if I wasn't driving... I'm sure those photos are on facebook already :P but yeah... some people were a tad drunk... but noone was disorderly... just slow :P Which reminds me I left that present behind AGAIN... I was meant to pick it up today... but I forgot again... I'd have to say both teams cooked pretty well too :P although personal bias... says that our team cooked better XP chicken + seafood risotto, satay chicken skewers and Chicken lasagne was our team's menu, the other team's menu was, soya chicken, chicken pastries and butter chicken... So I'd have to say our team (uni student team) had the more sophisticated menu :P but we did go overtime by a few minutes... but that was because of kitchen size... If it was in my kitchen we'd be done in half the time :P first because we have about 4 times the knives and alot more chopping boards haha... but yeah enough of the excuses and "whinging" from me. It was good fun all in all. Hope the new year has good things in store for me. haha... anyways Happy New Year to everyone who even bothers reading this... I'm tired...

4 comments:

  1. Did you go to the Church-organised NYE party? Sounds fun! I went to South Bank and it was very lively and interesting. What competition was this? Who was it against?
    Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wouldn't say it was organised by the church, just organised by the people who go to that church yeah? UF people... Was southbank fireworks any good? Channel 7 was showing melbourne fireworks and channel 10 was showing sydney fireworks and noone was showing brisbane fireworks so yeah :P hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. o and the competition was just pitting the current uni students against the fresh uni graduates and a few older people

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I see.. Yeah I saw the festivities on both TV channels, it looked better than Brisbane's. The fireworks were quite short (for NY standards), and I wasn't exactly in the crowds, I went to an apartment... Maybe it was the financial crisis or environmental concern that led to less fireworks...
    Anyway a lot of high school friends went so it was nice to see them all again.

    ReplyDelete