Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Frustration about Arrogance

I don't really know, but recently I'm getting frustrated so easily by possibly ordinary things... But it's not like I get frustrated at everything... but only things that people say or do that to me feels completely unreasonable or unnecessary... The other person may mean to say things as crude gestures or perhaps humour... But I just feel a wrench in the gut and wanna slap the guy across the head... Or sometimes its just people showing off or being arrogant... and I just wanna knock some sense into them... I mean I don't get frustrated at work or at people who make comments out of reason or have a reason for doing things or are simply accident prone.

But I do get annoyed at people who make comments out of plain stupidity. Dumbasses who know that everyone would've figured out what's happening or would've noticed whatever is to be noticed but noone has said anything because it wasn't appropriate to say or to avoid making everyone feel awkward but still has to spit it out without a friggin thought and I just get so incredibly frustrated its not even funny...

Other times is just people doing things or saying things with no sense of humility whatsoever. Most of the time the things done is appreciated... but the way in which it is done is plain outright arrogant. Yes, you can arrange for certain things to be available for use, and that's fine, you know people that can help, you have connections. But you don't need to boast about how cheap you got it or what not... cos sure, you may be doing a good deed... but what is ur reason for doing it... if you are doing the deed just so people can see how well connected you are and how "influential" you are... then you're a fag... If you're truly doing it out of kindness, you do not need to walk in with a friggin spotlight on you, practically saying "Look at me! Look at me! Look what I can do! I can get it better than you can but way better deal" (reminds me of he friggin 7 year old kids I teach at swimming, "Hey Vincent, look what I can do! Watch me, Watch me!". In fact if you were truly kind, you would do things without as much as simply saying "Hey, If we need this then I can help with it".

What I hate is when people insist on paying for you, even when you don't want them to and you have the resources necessary to look after your own bills. It's ok to shout once in a while if you have the resources to do it and the other person doesn't mind. But when you refuse to accept the other person's money even though they can and don't want you to pay then that seriously annoys me. I have a friggin job... I can make my own friggin money and I can pay for my own friggin food... I don't need you paying for me... If you do it once in a while as a kind gesture then sure ok... I get to return the favour in the future sometime... But when you do it all the friggin time to everyone... then... (and maybe I'm just being unreasonable but...) I don't think your doing it because your kind... I think your doing it so that people can see how much money you have... enough to freely chuck it away and not care about it... If you are so friggin rich then go share your wealth to the people who ACTUALLY need it... go help the homeless and support charities, make donations, just don't spend it on me... and I'm not saying this as a cruel gesture at those people and organisations because they can't help themselves, but I am saying this as a SERIOUS note... Those people rely on others to help them survive. If you are so able, then indeed, go help them. But if you are just shouting other people non-stop so that we can see how rich you are then go shove your gold-plated vault up your ass...

Now I know I sound angry... and I actually am, which doesn't happen too often nowadays... and while there is nothing wrong with the deeds themselves... its just the way people do them and how they retell and talk about these things that really piss me off... I just don't like arrogance... and boastfulness.... Sure we are all human... we all fall into the same trap of pride... and I'm certain that I'm no exception and that people probably get annoyed at me sometimes for being up myself. But I acknowledge that and I try not to be like that... and while I can't avoid at least being mildly hypocritical as I am still very human, I guess this experience tells me what other people might think of me at times... It might be simply that they don't voice it as much as I do... but... yeah...

Or maybe I'm just being unreasonable or maybe I have simply completely and utterly misinterpreted other people and their actions and choices... Which is possible... I can't say I'm particularly sharp lately.

Neways... I am REALLY tired... Architecture is draining me so badly...
Alright... Rage end...

3 comments:

  1. Wow.. aren't you scared this person might come across your blog?! lol
    You're actually echoing my thoughts over somebody... who was boasting about their act of kindness..but I understand... that if you do an act of kindness, it is human nature to feel 'proud' of yourself, and indeed, sometimes this pride can be too excessive, to the extent where you start boasting to others... everybody does it... myself included, but yeah, we should definitely keep it in check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not at least mildly concerned about whether the person I'm talking about finds out or not... Probably better they find it than if they didn't... but hey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on, m8. Arrogance is something I hate with a passion, and yeah, we are humans, and we struggle too. I appreciate ur honesty and open-mindedness. 'On u man.

    ReplyDelete