Wednesday, April 15, 2009

God brings out the best in us...

Sunday just past was a special day for all christians, when we celebrate Easter and what Jesus had done for us on the cross. For a few people at our church it was even more special because that was the day they got baptised. And a wonderful and joyous day it was. Baptism is a once in a lifetime event in which you acknowledge who Jesus is and how much we need Him and how He has changed our lives for the better. We announce to the world that we love Him and will follow Him for the rest of our lives, as have the 10 people last Sunday. It's awesome to see so many people overflowing with joy about Jesus. So many people, guys or girls struggle to hold back their tears of Joy when they give personal testimonies. Almost everyone gets a shaky voice trying to contain their tears, and a lot of the girls just can't even speak straight through their tears. I think it's awesome that it is such an emotional occasion and such a joyous occasion at that, and all because of what Jesus has done for us.

I volunteered myself to be part of the worship team that day for the baptism service. And during the practises and especially after the service was over. I was really reminded of what God has done for me in my life. I remember that even at the start of 2008 I was a wreck, I was quite literally scared crapless by the prospect of having to communicate with people who were not my closest friends or even to try and communicate without someone I was really good friend around. I would not even think about even touching a microphone let alone even start to think about singing. At my worse I wasn't able to communicate with anyone at all. But when I couldn't carry on anymore, Jesus came into my life and released me from those shackles and lifted my burdens. Before I knew that my miserable state was not what God wanted me to be. But when I was set free, I became almost opposite in every sense of the human character. Those who did go to the Baptism Service and the Sunday Service at BCAC last Sunday would know that I was singing loud and proud with not a drop of fear. Sure I made a few little mistakes, but who God intended me to be standing there on the stage singing His praises and who I was 1 year and 5 months ago are so different in the extreme and I don't think I would want things to be any other way. It is only because of God's grace and love that I am who I am today, and I'm sure every person who has experienced God's grace would say something similar.

God really does bring the best out of us. There is no greater Joy than to be able to become who we were created to be and there is also no greater Joy than to do what we were created to do. And that is to live lives of worship out of freewill.

4 comments:

  1. You didn't seem like a 'wreck' at the start of 2008 when I first met you, very confident and all... hm.. maybe you mean even before uni started...

    ReplyDelete
  2. uni did not start till like march... and so yes i was referring to before uni started... Midway through march was when things turned around for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for your sharing Vincent. Very encouraging. Wow, how awesome & amazing is our God of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God dude. He also changed me from a quiet reserved soul to now an outspoken maniac.

    ReplyDelete