Sunday, October 11, 2009

Adrenaline + Shooting Games

Now those of you who know me would know that I am a big fan of those console shooting games like Time Crisis and the like where I have a gun in my hand rather than a mouse and keyboard… I own every Time Crisis game ever made except for the first one, I think I have project titans somewhere tho which was the expansion to the first game… But yeah… I have pretty darn good accuracy even if I do say so myself… in TC 3 I have over 85% accuracy and I do headshots like 70% of the time… so I am fairly good… Although the dodging still gets me at times so I still need like 2-3 continues to get to the end of the game… which is sad…

Neways today a bunch of us went to a friend’s place and they had a Wii, and we started off playing ghost squad… Being a Wii the aiming was crap as crap can get… but the crosshair was on the screen so you could kinda just swing the gun around by the hip and aim on the screen. Neways I was absolutely owning them at the game… I’d shoot 3 of the enemies before they fire and kill one opponents sometimes… This is a typical shooting game, about terrorists, big deal right? its not scary or anything…. and I had about a 30-50% score lead on the other player

But we got bored of it, so we played House of the Dead: Overkill…. Now the crappy aiming system transfers cos its still a Wii and it still sucks… But of course its meant to be a horror game right? Well, it wasn’t really that scary or anything… its just zombies and you blast them to pieces. Well my friend, she suddenly just started to play like crazy… I was playing as normal… 50-70% headshots… but she had like a 30% score lead on me… I had less shots fired, more kills, more headshots and a bigger combo/consecutive kills but I was way behind on the scoreboard… I didn’t understand why…

But somehow I think adrenaline must have a big deal to do with it… a shooting game is a shooting game… but the content was farrrr different. The fact that I played as I would normally play and she went nuts and went insanely trigger happy probably indicates she had alot more adrenaline and also she got 80% of the bonus items on the stage and health packs so I probably died a few more times than I should’ve… so that probably explains my score but yeah… It wasn’t expected… at all lol…

Adrenaline does crazy things… Adrenaline is good… Anyways that is all :P

No comments:

Post a Comment