Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stupid Flies...

I went to UQ today for my orientation for Architecture, and after about 4.5 hours at uni they gave us free lunch. Now today was a mildly hot day, and flies were pretty rampant. Just as the food was ready, as I was reading through the material that they had given us, a fly flew straight into my ear and lodged itself within my inner ear and I swear it was pressing against the cartridge and stuff in my middle ear. For 20 odd minutes, I was shaking my head around like a dog out of a pool. And it didn't work, I thought I was gonna need to go to the doctors to get them to pick out the fly for me.

Funny enough, it didn't really gross me out persay, at first you could feel it wriggling around as it was lodged tight in position, and making buzzing noises. And then once it started to calm down a little bit, you could feel its feet moving against the side of your ear. I'd have to say it was slightly tickly. yeah... it's not a common experience... not a really good one either... I was more worried about the potential ear infections though. Anyways, after deciding that I could possibly pinch my inner/middle ear by pushing into my ear from behind my jawbone, i managed to squeeze the stupid insect out.

Yeah... that's my tory for today...

3 comments:

  1. great tory :P

    and yes... thats disgusting... u must have massive ear holes.. or really tiny flies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I had never heard of flies lodging into people's ears. Sometimes I get scared if bugs really might get stuck in orifices, but it's good you got it out, without squashing it..!! ugh... I would've been freaked out.

    ReplyDelete