Monday, December 1, 2008

Talking to other parents

Our little group organised a little gathering night on sunday to do some cooking... and we had heaps of fun and laughter as well as some fails because of retarded ovens that overheat... But in the end all the food turned out ok and edible. But after dinner while everyone else was watching School of Rock on TV... I winded up in like an hour or so long conversation with their parents, talking about all sorts of random things like from the acquiring of occupation permits for our new church from the council to the landscaping, to my study of landscaping, to my plans to transfer to archi at UQ, to my grades, to design and subjectivity, amongst other things. I reckon it's really cool to talk to the parents of other people if they are willing to mix with you because they know quite a bit too, and have their own distinct perspective moulded by years of personal experience and the experiences of other people close to them. Though I guess it probably made me a little odd, to see me just having proper "mature" conversations with parents while my friends are in another room watching TV.

But meh.. lol...

2 comments: