Friday, December 5, 2008

First Proper Training Session of The Year

Well... It is December, and throughout the whole year, friday nights have always been fully dedicated to UF, whenever there was uni anyways. And so I've skipped training for pretty much the whole year and thus my aquatic endurance had gone done the drain. Today, was the first FULL training session all year. I've cut into several training sessions half way because of classes, but this is the first time I've been able to get into the squad at the very beginning. Surprisingly enough, today I swam the fastest 25m's of butterfly I have ever swam. 14 secs... Now unless your a super pro swimmer and your reading this, that's pretty darn fast. My best freestyle 25m was like 13 secs... and that was at the beginning of grade 12 when I swam 3 times a week during my preparation for my school swimming carnival. Butterfly had never been a strong suit in my stroke repetoire, while backstroke was my best relative to everyone else. Although my freestyle was the fastest, a lot of people were wayyyy faster than me, the friend that I train with is 2 years younger than me, and he's best freestyle 50m was 26.6, my best 50m freestyle is like... 28.8... wayyyyy slower. However, I can easily kick his butt at backstroke though my backstroke was like 29.something or something around that time. Even in 25m I could still beat him by like 1/4-1/3 of the length. I believe all my 2nd place (and possibly all of my 3rd's too) ribbons from swimming carnivals were all either breaststroke or backstroke, cos relative to everyone else my freestyle and butterfly was too slow.

neways... It was a proud moment for me :P Though now I'm really dead and my muscles feel mildly numb from overexertion lol... yer...

No comments:

Post a Comment