Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Chilli and Wasabi...

Tonight for dinner mum made some taiwanese broad bean noodle with chicken strips or something like that.. And the sauce that came with the noodle was sesame oil + sesame paste... as well as another packet of oil... Being the idiot that I am... I poured in the oil thinking it was the sesame and that the other packet was just the sesame paste... When I ate it, it felt like I just squeezed half a tube of wasabi into my mouth... My mum later found out that it was wasabi OIL... Who the heck makes wasabi oiL??? But yeah, it reminded me of the Nando's night some of us guys went on last friday... Out of 6 or 7 guys I was the only guy to order lemon & herbs, every one else ordered like... Mild or Hot... While the other guys said to me that eating Nando's without chilli was a waste of money, I found it rather ironic as the amount of chilli that they have on those chickens would clearly overpower whatever flavour the chicken had... Defeating the purpose of eating good food... My mum made a comment over dinner about how with so much chilli they probably wouldn't have known if the chicken was off before cooking cos they wouldn't be able to taste anything else lol... I found that rather amusing and probably quite true :P

But yeah... Can't really it chilli... and can only handle miniscule amounts of wasabi... but hey...

3 comments:

  1. Wasabi Oil, Didnt you say your mum made that oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no... my mum bought the packet of noodle thingy for the dish, and the noodles came with packets of wasabi oil

    ReplyDelete