Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Moon



I noticed that the moon was full tonight, and so I decided that it was perfect time to start practising photography skills... using a 200mm lens (which is moderately powerful zoom tho the moon was still tiny...) I began experimenting with a different settings, like aperture, shutter speeds and stuff like that which on one of those dummy cameras, as my mum calls them, would never have available. Technology is getting quite incredible, as the vibration reduction (or steady shot on dummy cameras) was so noticable that even when using quite slow shutter speeds like 1/100 or 1/80 that they were still quite ok with a bit of blur cos I'm still a noob at photography. But yer... So I thought I'd post a few cropped photos of that wonderful rock floating above our heads in the night sky. I eventually got some settings that could really pick up all the details on the moon's surface. Looks pretty neat

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I could only wish for a camera that would enable me to take beautiful photos!! sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what type of camera have u got? my average joe digi only gets streaks/blobs of light everytime i try to take pictures of the moon or particularly bright stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikon D60 SLR.. Got it on a discount at the DJs pre-christmas sale... so it was cheaper than usual

    ReplyDelete