Monday, November 17, 2008

Living Lies and Covering Them Up...

I think humans were not created to sin, which includes lying... consciously, you know that your not meant to do it, and when you do it, you are filled with guilt and shame. Consequentially, you create all sorts of measures to cover up your own tracks, to hide your lies from your peers or family. Your thoughts filled with nothing but concern about the consequences if your veil is broken and the truth revealed... The risks involved, the fear and worrying of the consequences, putting the trust (that is potentially already thin) in the relationship on the line... Although the moment might have been enjoyable... The guilt, shame, constant worrying and the effort you put to cover up, the damage that could potentially be done to your relationships and other things that you have to deal with after makes it not worth it...

Living through the moments... I'm a confused child, and I'm inclined to say it was not worth it. What did I gain, that is worth damaging the trust my family might have had in me? I have no defence this time... I can hide it from man, but cannot hide it from God. I will be held accountable for my lie, and in my lie I realise once again how short I fall of God's standards. However, I know that I will be forgiven, for I know and believe that God's own son took the punishment that I would have needed to face, and died for my sins of the past, present and future so that I could be saved, and still remain saved. I guess, in black and white, a lie is equally punishable as murder as both are sins and are obstructions to the purity and perfection that God so desires of us... so yeah... Thank you God for your forgiveness and mercy that I still remain righteous in your sight through the death of your son. Just hope if my parents find out they will be equally merciful... lol... Which probably isn't likely...

PS. Don't do it, you are bound to regret it.

1 comment:

  1. While I agree with what it says, for those who don't like having God in the equation as to why you shouldn't lie read the following.

    You have to have a great memory to be able to lie.

    I don't know about you, but I probably can't keep track of everyone of them. Once you slip up, you can get majorly burnt.

    ReplyDelete